Short answer as long as the shutdown is clean and teh server in question is not
serving the actuall data filesor home node then migrating process will never know it
is gone. as to a dirty shutdown on teh process needing said node will notice the issue.

Evan

> > I assume it is not referring to the capacity of hard drive.
>
> Correct.
Not so correct, with DFSA/MFS you can use the nodes to add hardrive space. Of course
this will make the nodes a bit harder to drop out of ht ecluster for obvious reasons.
you can use NFS to do teh same thing but in the long run MFS works better

> > > For
> > > example, if you work in an organisation that is throwing away PIII
> > 600MHz
> > > PCs with 256Mb RAM because they are 'too slow' for Windows XP, then you
> > > can grab them from the rubbish bin and build them into a cluster.

These would make nice nodes. If you r just going to throw them out throw them my way
:), I know serval organiztions that could really use them.

Evan