Hi,
  First of all my apologies for being so late in
response. I have downloaded the source code and
applied the patches, but still not able to solve the
problem. I  get same error messeges.
  Let me tell you that my Linux kernel(2.4.18) detects
the MAC address properly. Only problem is with
etherboot image.
  Any pointers???

Regards,
Rajesh