Here's the situtation:

I have an Intel based server running RedHat 8.0.  The server has 2
ethernet cards.  eth0 is used for the LAN address range (10.0.0.0).
eth1 is used for access to the internet through another box as the
firewall and gateway.  eth1 address range is 192.168.1.0

The LAN subnet, eth0,  is the address range for the server and the LTSP
workstations.

If I configure the system with both ethernet cards and NO gateway (no
default route), the LTSP workstations will DHCP client, NFS, and load X
as expected.  I cannot resolve any Internet address because of no
default route.

If I turn on the gateway address for default routing to point to eth1, I
can then access the internet.  However, the LTSP terminals will run DHCP
to get their IP address, but, when it gets to the point of mounting
root, the system LTSP workstation hangs.

The last line received is
Mounting root  /opt/ltsp/i386 from: 10.0.0.1
10.0.0.1 does happen to be the IP address for the RedHat server.

I did not have this problem with RedHat 7.1 and LTSP 2.x.

What am I missing ?

Ken Cobler