I'd definitely like to see them.  The printer issues have all but ruined
by move from lotus smartsuite (running on windows terminal
server/metaframe) to all linux apps for office type work.

I've tried to spend some time looking at printing solutions and havent
really come up with much.  I've had kprinter,cups,xprint also reccomended.
 I may be wrong, but does anyone know how could cups solve the problem?
Isn't it just a backend like lprng or does it have some gui stuff to
facilitate picking a printer too?

While already off topic, anybody had any trouble getting openoffice to
print documents that were opened off the web or out of email?  I havent
seen it happen with documents we've created, but almost everytime someone
opens something (ms office doc or xls) the document opens fine but will
not print.  They get no errors, but no output either.  It could be
something in the document, or maybe because its opened out of a temporary
file.

I havent the slightest idea how to try to trace this down, and I also dont
understand how to navigate the issue database at openoffice.org. If folks
could print attachments out of openoffice(where you can already set up
multiple printers), a printer list in the other apps wouldn't be quite as
urgent.  I also wonder if other apps could be set up to psprint (the
openoffice printer system), that way the printers could be set up at least
only twice :).  It just seems like alot of redundancy just to duplicate
some simple functionality users already take for granted.

In my opinion this is a huge issue with linux in general that needs to be
resolved. I'm sure this mailing list really isnt the place for either.

-Jeff