Hello Grendel,

> my LTSP host is been localized, installing the packages and exporting
> the variable. Now some application correctly show localized text.
> But when I login (in X) from a client the system is not localized...
> someone knows what to do or where to find infos?

Do you log in as the same user from terminal and
from the local console? If not, try setting LANG
system-wide (e. g. if it's Red Hat, edit
/etc/sysconfig/i18n) or make sure that everybody's
startup scripts export the right LANG.

If the same user's environment works differently
for local X logins and from terminals... Well,
I can't think of a way to do this, so give more
details please. Like, what distro you're using
and how exactly you set the LANG variable.

The only thing I had to edit in LTS's configs to
add full support for Russian, was the XkbLayout
stuff. The rest of it was done server side. (Do
the folks at Red Hat know that the Cold War is
over? Not that it matters any more, but...)