Hi

> >     While Fedora is great for the hobbist, it will not cut it for many
> > comercial even small comercial operations do to the lack of
> > "professional" support. And given some of teh bigs that have shown up in
> > Fedora that are not present in RH9 this could possibly be a very big issue.

> >>comercial even small comercial operations do to the lack of
> >>"professional" support. And given some of teh bigs that have shown up in
> >>Fedora that are not present in RH9 this could possibly be a very big issue.

> We stopped using redhat on our servers because it's one of the worst
> linux distros out there for stability.  We're all intitled to our
> opinion and all grow attached to a favorite distro and while I agree
> redhat or mandrake is a great starter distro... they are not well suited
> for production environments.
> Brandon

A few comments of interest:
Why should RedHat employ 100s of people, so that we can avoid buying even
one copy per year. Simple finance, not moral ethical mumbo. So they've
stopped!

Fedora is (Redhat quote) 'bleeding edge, not for production use'.
My week of testing gave me 3 bugs compared with 0 over 5 years.
[ 1. ssh transfer hung 300M into 650M transfer 'no mac address found'
  2. on boot (previously working X would not start, reboot and all OK)
  3. Open evolution over a xterm running lbe build. Close evolution
     and term is blank, move scroll bar and text is visible again
]
Fun, but not for production!

Brandon's comments are interesting, but without examples and justification
remain 'interesting'. I have 6 RH servers running around the world
with no bugs apparant over several years. That's stable enough for me.

So for fun i will use fedora, and for 'serious' server use SuSE or RHE.

James