This may sound a bit cheezy, but it would be easy to do:

Write a script for the DHCP computer that checks the load on each of the LTSP
servers. Based on the reply (or lack of reply), this script would modify the
"/etc/dhcpd.conf" file and restart dhcpd.

Put an entry in the crontab to run this script every minute.

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 06:16 pm, Adrian Kuepker wrote:
> Is there any known syntax in dhcpd.conf  to tell new connections to boot
> from one of multiple LTSP servers in a manner that does not require
> hard-coding? Something my Boss calls 'Round-Robin', but I've never
> really understood what that means.
>
> Some setup wherein terminals get their boot information from the DHCP
> server, and then boot from one of two servers to not only decrease the
> load, but also provide a form of redundancy when one of the two goes down.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Adrian

John D. Robertson, Computer / Engineering Consultant
Robertson & Robertson Consultants, Inc.
3637 West Georgia Rd.
Pelzer, SC  29669

Phone: (864) 243-2436