Jim -

When I use the kit locally on a Fedora box, Kudzu explicitly detects the Logitech base
unit as a device and installs the drivers OK for it.

I'll try just enabling usb mouse support on the terminal as you suggest and see what
happens. I'm planning on upgrading our production server from LTS3 to LTS4  in the
next few days and will try this out at around the same time.

Best regards

David