That's how I had it before, and I saw the configuration I have currently at another site. With the modifications you propose, I still have the same error message...

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
        --Albert Einstein

Christian Marschalek wrote:
subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
    use-host-decl-names      on;
    option log-servers       10.0.0.1;
    subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        range dynamic-bootp 10.0.0.100 10.0.0.250;
    }
}

Looks like you have 2 subnet declarations up there. This could screw him
over?

Should look like: