To me, it's a bit complicated, but you can use the Gconftool to control users' desktop configuration. You can find some details in the Gnome Desktop System Admin Guide. You can force settings for all users with the gconf.xml.mandatory configuration source.

Thomas Constans wrote:
hello list

i am on my way to install a ltsp environnement for one of my client.

i will be using debian/ubuntu for desktop serving, because gnome and
debian is what i do best.

remains 2 questions:

1) i want to run a vnc server as local app on each thinclient. i don't
know where to put startup script to launch the server with X
automatically.

2) what are the possibilities for managing users' desktop configuration
?
ie disabling screensaver _globally_, putting some icons on desktop and
panel, that kind of stuff - and enforce the setting ( for example i dont
want users to be able to turn screensaver back on )

thanks for your answers