Maybe it isn't a good idea, but I've installed "slay"
from debian on my FC2 server. Slay kills off all
processes belonging to a specific userid. I then added

if [ "$USER" != "root" ] ; then
  rm -rf /tmp/*
  slay $USER
fi

to /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession/Default

Now slay completely kills off all userid processes on
logout.

If this isn't a good idea, I'd be interested as to
why...It seems to work great at killing off zombies.
Before "slay" zombie firefox and KDE stuff would pile
up. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to LTSP.

John