John Clay wrote:

Hi All:

I've been away from LTSP for quite a while and have a few questions I'd like to
run by y'all:

1) Are there any particular reasons not to use Slack 10.0 as an LTSP foundation?
2) Is Evolution still freely available under the open source license or must it
be purchased?

If anyone can direct me to a discussion of the pros/cons of the various distros
I'd sure appreciate it. I started with RH 7.2, 7.3, then Slack 8 and much
prefered its init structure if I recall correctly. At any rate I liked it -
seemed sensible, straightforward. I recently loaded Mandrake 10 on this box as
a result of being being in a hurry, seduced by it's having a pretty brain dead
install and Evo., which it turns out I don't use. I don't think I am so keen on
it though I'd be hard pressed to give hard reasons since I haven't delved as
far into the files as I previously did.

Anyway, I'd sure be interested in your reactions.

Thanks
John Clay

I started using LTSP on Slackware 9.0 and I'm still using it on Slack 10. It works fine, there are just some minor issues with missing perl scripts and getting some stuff configured that ltspcfg doesnŽt know how to do on Slackware. Most of the things I had to configure manually I posted on the wiki, but IŽd be glad to help if you need anything :)

[]s
Claudio Felix

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _____________________________________________________________________ Ltsp-discuss mailing list. To un-subscribe, or change prefs, goto: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ltsp-discuss For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net