> Michał Mielczyński wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've done quick search but couldn't find information about my problem.
> >
> > At scool - where I'm teaching -  we just have made fresh installation of
> > ltsp xterminals with terminal server (plus separate file server) on two
> > Xeons 2.8GHz and 2 GB RAM. Terminals are old HP Vectra with S3Trio
> > graphics card (which work after reconfiguration on Xorg4.x) and few
> > Celerons 300MHz with Ati 3DRage (could probably work with some local
> > apps, but this is very fresh installation, I just started to configure
> > details)
> >
> > Everything seems to work fine and very fast with QT/KDE and GTK/Gnome
> > applications, but when it comes to Blender or Openoffice I have major
> > problem with menus. Every time I try to open menu (in Openoffice even
> > when I'm moving mouse over icons on toolbars) I have _noticable_
> > slowdowns (jamming). I guess something is rapidly exchanging information
> > over the terminal and server (as I can see it on network card's leds) but
> > the question is:
> >
> > is there any cure for that?
>
> I had a similar issue:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=107252333117185&w=2
>
> John

On half of terminals I have this gfx card. I've already changed driver to s3,
but this does not help with Openoffice menus (acctually I've changed it,
because "auto" option caused terminals to use 3.3.x version of Xserver, with
"s3" option it uses 4.x, which is much nicer).

Also it's probably not OpenGL fault, as Pablo suggested in some previous post.
Everything else than menu function works in Blender quite well including -
for example - rendering "shaded" window in realtime  (even without hardware
acceleration).

I still could not try solution with exchanging some X11 files from LTSP 3.x,
because I have to redesign whole classroom, so I had to shutdown servers for
today. But I'll let you all know if it works on Monday.

M.