We have about 30 Thin Clients (ST320/Jammin) running LTSP.
We run a 24x7 operation and hence need 24x7 operation from our computer system. We are still in the progress of transfering from a 12 year old DPS6 mini-computer to a Linux, based system.

Currently we have 1 main server provinding files on Raid (5) running LTSP. It serves the files via NFS
I would like to get a second server and be able to have everything on both machines so that should one fail the other one can take over even if we lose a few thin clients that need resetting to bring them back.
Also as we would have two servers distibuting the load between the two should alow everything to work quicker.
I have a couple of other desktops (slightly lower spec (non-raid)) I would like to use to distibute some of the applications between.
So far I've set the thin clients to broadcast for a login prompt. (Can we have this as an option in the LTSP config file?) And is there any way of making the main server less likly to provide a the prompt unless the other computers have failed.
I would like to be able to distrubte the other components of LTSP.
Any ideas would be most helpful, If I collect enough data I might end up writing a howto.
(I'm running Debian Sarge, Icewm, Postgres, Jabber, and our main ap p is written by us in Qt/C++ (Its a Mini-Cab (Taxi) booking/despatch system))
I've also still got a problem with the thin clients freezing. I'm almost sure this is due to bad ventaltion/ heat loss. and not anthing to do with the software. (We have one Jammin 125 that also freezes as well and the ST320) I'm wondering about removing the moniters (replacing with TFT displays so save power/ heat production and improve office air circulation) or maybe adding some more heat syncs/ fans to the thin clients but I don't really want to add noice or make them look ugly. I also don't want to freeze the staff.

Peter Childs
Express National Carriers