I have an e-Box at home, which I purchased second hand from someone in
Hong Kong.

It runs LTSP fine, except:

1) I had to ditch pxelinux and use pxegrub instead

2) It doesn't want to do 1280x1024.  Or rather, it will, but the display
quality is poor.  However, at lower resolutions, it seems fine.  I hope
to look into improving the video at this higher resolution eventually...

3) Because I got it from someone in Hong Kong, the one I received had a
UK/Hong Kong power connector.  I was able to persuade the hardware guy
in our department to rig an adapter using a cut up US plug and some
alligator clips

It's getting hard to find the original OpenBrick design ("openbrick
classic"), and when you can, it seems like in order to get a reasonable
price, you have to order 100 or more.  However, the updated OpenBrick
design is much easier to find, but it's also much beefier hardware, and
hence costs considerably more.

My eBox (which cost US$150) is not 100% silent, but it is pretty quiet,
especially when compared to the noise output of a PC costing twice as
much (US$300), as inexpensive PC's tend to have inexpensive, and hence
noisy, power supplies.