Hi,

Mind sharing your script?

Thanks.
duan

David Johnston wrote:

GDM will allow you to run a script when a user's session ends.  I run a
script like this.  If a user turns off their terminal, their session
continues to run for a minute or so, until GDM's internal watchdog times
out (the length of the timeout is configurable).

Without a "PostSession" script, GDM's watchdog kills the session master
(eg, "gnome-session" or "kdeinit") and considers its job done.  This
leaves all of the user's other processes running, with process 1 as
their parent.

With a PostSession script, when the session master dies for any reason
(signoff or because GDM's watchdog timer expired), GDM runs my script. This script kills off all of the user's other processes and removes kde,
gnome, OpenOffice and Evolution sockets from /tmp. Once my script ends,
the user's session is cleanly gone.

I expect that KDM has a hook for a post-session script, but I don't know
where it is.

See also http://opensource.mimos.my