> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is any piece of software, usable with LTSP
> that
> can manage users in the way cybercafé applications do : something that would
> generate access codes and provide a time limitation.
> Does anybody have an experience with that ?
> As the Cappucino distro seems to have vanished, I don't know where to start.
> Thanks in advance,

I would sure hope you find something more tailored than this, but in
case you need to be inventive:

I have a "guest system" on http://fredtun.no/ltsp . The idea is that
when you log in as a certain guest user, a temporary account and home
directory is created, which is then wiped on user exit.

This only provides one half of the functionality though (the part about
giving each guest a nice and clean environment). The other half is not
provided, buying time using access codes, and a script killing a user if
the time is up.

So, I think it will be useful to you if you end up building something,
but only do it as a last resort.

// Dag Sverre