Hi James,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> What I found to be easy, first I used a flash-boot disk (diskless have them)
> or for a laptop a USB boot stick. I made it work, but grub was a pain and not
> reliably repeatable, but syslinux works and is kewl. Put LTSP on local media.

I tried experimenting a bit with getting an old laptop to boot from a
USB disk. I only got around to trying with grub so far, without success.

The idea was to have a pocket multiboot device to LTSP server or client,
or to plain (bringalong) workstation, for practical and demo purposes. I
use part of the disk for portable Thunderbird etc. already.

Would you mind sharing how you made the laptop boot from USB? Did the
laptop(s) you tried it on support USB booting in BIOS? This Acer TM 740
LF at least doesn't seem to support it.

MTIA, BR,
Gudmund