Nigel wrote:

I have finished setting up my first LTSP network (1 Ubuntu 5.10 server and 2 laptops connected via a 3 COM 1100 switch) for use in school. Everything seems to work fine except when BOTH laptops are running - moving the mouse on one has the same effect on the other. Likewise, the typing on one keyboard appears on both PCs! The laptops are identical (Paceblades).

According to ‘ltspcfg’ all services are running fine. I can only assume it’s something to do with XDMCP ?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Nigel McCourt

Never heard of that but I suggest you check to make sure that both machines are assigned dofferent mac addresses and that each mac address is assigned to a different ip address (or that they're set up as dhcp). I can't see how they might both be coming through as the same terminal, but it's not impossible I guess if they have the same mac address.

--

joe auerbach
systems administrator