Have you tried more than one keyboard? Sometimes one will not work in a
particular system for no especially good reason...

-Krishna

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Gentgeen wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:49:59 -0400
Gentgeen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, I found an updated BIOS for my system.  I tried that, but that
> did not seem to work.  I then tried the "USB Keyboard" option in my
> bios (Enable or Disable are the options).  It is now "enabled" and
> things seem to be working OK for now.  Will try for a few days and see
> what happens.
>
> btw... it is not a USB keyboard, so not sure why I need to set that
> option now when it has not been set in the past...

Well, back to the same problem... sometimes it works fine, and other
times it does not.  Just driving me nuts.

Following setup currently:
  PS/2 Keyboard
  PS/2 Mouse (well, USB mouse with PS/2 Adaptor)
  ALL USB options are turned off in the BIOS
  vmlinuz-2.6.17.3-ltsp-1 kernel

Anything else I can share that might help touble shoot, I will be happy
to share

With Win98 now OFFICIAL dead, I really don't want the kids running it.
But on this box, just might have to.

Gonna try setting up a private X.org config grapped from a Knoppix cd.
Gonna see how that works on that machine.

Will get back to "yinz guz" soon.

Kevin