Mikhail Pokidko wrote:
> PXE boot works. It gets the IP address over DHCP, retrieves the kernel
> over TFTP, and starts booting it.
> And then after loading NIC module (e100) it starts to launch dhcpd
>

> Running dhcpd on port 67
> Input: imPS2/2 Generic Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input1
>
> ERROR! dhcpd failed!
>
> Can someone give the clue where can i dig? I can`t google up any
> similar problems and solutions..

This is the same problem that I (and others) have reported. DHCP works
for the PXE load, but then the kernel DHCP fails. This started right
after installing LTSP 4.2 (with the 2.6 kernel). There is no fix that I
know of.

I did find a work around that works for me: I noticed if I hooked the
LTSP client up to a cheap D-Link 5-port switch and then into our
network, no more problem. I bought a bunch of D-Link switches and put
one on each client that was having the problem. It seems to be a timing
issue in the kernel and adding the switch adds enough delay to make
things work (purely a guess).
--
Robert Bottomley         | When I die, I want to go peacefully
System Administrator     | in my sleep, like my grandfather,