Hello Poul,

thanks for you message - this was good for better understanding the
issue.

Poul Moller wrote at Mittwoch, 23. August 2006 21:01:
>  ssh is very sensitive to file and directory permissions. See my
> posting a few month ago:
>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=115061898110915&w=2

I followed the instructions from Jim to set up a ssh key did this
already with no password before your posting so did steps you described
leaving out the generation of a key pair for the clients.

No I get the following when I want ssh from the server to the client
With a first time user and then as root:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> ssh ws002
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address
'192.168.55.221' to the list of known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> su -

Password:
tamboti:~ # ssh ws002
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
tamboti:~ #

Does this make sense to you? Any idea what might be missing?

THanks a lot
Michael

--
Please check my signature here: