Michael George wrote:
> I just updated to LTSP 4.2 on my gentoo system, from 4.1.
>
> I have the terminals booting, but I cannot get sound to work on them.
> I have Dell OptiPlex systems with CS4232 audio devices.  My lts.conf
> file (that worked with 4.1) had the entry:
> SMODULE_01 = "cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1"
>
> When the terminals boot the 2.6 kernel from 4.2, I get this:
>
> pnp: Device 01:01.00 activated
> ad1848: PnP reports 'CS4232B' at i/o 0x534, irq 5, dma 1, 3
> cs4232: probe of 01:01.00 failed with error -16
>
> The module loaded, though.  I rmmod'ed the module and tried to manually
> reload it with 0x220/5/1, 0x534/5/1, and 0x534/7/1, and I got the
> "failed with error -16" each time.
>
> Also, the file /etc/profile.d/ltsp-sound.sh script that installed way
> back when to get audio working in 4.1 doesn't seem to do the trick.
> When run from the commandline, I get an error that /usr/sbin/ltspinfo
> cannot be found.  ltspinfo was put into /usr/bin...  I made a symlink in
> /usr/sbin and the script appears to work now, but I get the "connection
> refused" error when I log into KDE.  Presumably because of the broken
> module on the terminal.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions (short of getting a PCI soundcard to put
> into the terminals)?
>
> Thanks!

For my Dell OptiPlex, I used the following in lts.conf to get sound to
work under LTSP 4.2:

         MODULE_02          = soundcore
         MODULE_03          = ad1848
         MODULE_04          = uart401
         MODULE_05          = "cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=3"

--
Robert Bottomley, System Administrator
CE-CERT, University of California, Riverside

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Cola that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
                       --Programmer's Mantra