Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> Torsdag 16 november 2006 09:53 skrev Joshua N Pritikin:
>> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:38:17AM +0100, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
>>> Well IMO LTSP is a Linux killer app. Things can always improve, though.
>>> LTSP would be a FANTASTIC killer app if one could get Gcompris and
>>> Childsplay working on clients WITH sound.
>> Huh? I have had both working perfectly on LTSP for more than a year
>> already.
>>
>>> If I had that, I could "sell" LTSP to a lot more schools than I can
>>> today.
> - Hi Joshua and list,
>
> - I guess there's something I'll have to look into... :-)
> - may I ask, what distro and so forth?

I also have sound with Gcompris & Childsplay.  I'm running K12LTSP 5 (LTSP 4.2)
with
Dell Latitude laptops as clients, which use the Maestro3 sound driver.  To make
sound
work I had to install Gideon's alsa-esd package and make a few tweaks, which is
documented on the wiki at
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2

Petre