Well, the big news coming out of this UDS/BTS is that we have a (possible)
way to EASILY implements localapps on thin client workstations.

Here's the spec:

https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ltsp/+spec/ltsp-localapps

Follow the "read the full spec" link to see the gory details.

In order to make it easy for me, rather than a huge number of response
emails, if you could add any comments to the wiki directly, it would be
helpful.  We'll work on the spec this week.  Note that I've already
done some proof of concept code, which appears to work:

bzr get http://swan.he.net/~sbalneav/bzr/xrexecd

Yes, this hopefully means you'll be able to launch Firefox/Skype/etc on the
terminal.

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."