<snip>
I wonder if this could be achieved in LTSP with virtual IP's?  I run a few
servers with
eth0, eth0:1, eth0:2, etc set up on the same nic.  Then create extra files
with the
other IP information.  Now one nic answers on multiple IP addresses.  Since
Citrix
licensing is most likely based on how many users you will concurrently
connect, I wonder
if they don't create virtual interfaces with some sort of script on startup,
then when
each session is started assign separate virtual NICs to each session.

For someone who really knows what is going on in the world of LTSP, I'll bet
they could
figure out how to set this up.

Of course, with local apps, just run your browser as a local app and I
assume the
problem goes away......did mention how awesome I think it is that they have
gotten local
apps working?
</snip>

Interesting concept.  The trick would be to tie the session to the specific
IP address.

Local Apps may be an answer, but I think the Virtual IP should be doable as
well.  I doubt that Citrix messes with the Windows kernel to achieve their
result...  Obviously the local apps solution would rely on your having a
good enough client to run the local apps.  Would a PII with 128 mb ram run
even firefox in a reasonable way?

Mel