I have spent time reviewing forums and reading the Edubuntu Handbook.  I
decided to try disabling SOUND in the lts.conf file.  This lead me to
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc.lts.conf.  This existing lts.conf file has very
little in it.

There, I found comments that suggest creating a lts.conf file in
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf.  So, I did create my lts.conf file
there based on info from the Edubuntu Handbook and readme files I
located in my installation.

After file creation, my terminal booted correctly.  (turned off my
terminal.)  Then I returned to my lts.conf file and enabled SOUND and
rebooted the terminal.  Terminal works, sound works and all appears (at
this moment) well.

During my readme file review, I discovered that the existing lts.conf
file (located at /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf) references an example file
located at /usr/share/doc/ltsp-client/examples/lts-parameters.txt.gz
located in the client environment.  I installed the stand-alone-server,
therefore I could not find this example file.

I love open source software.  Where, in the preparatory software world
can you find the information you need to fix your problem on a forum and
existing printed information.  A little thought and internet digging and
there is your solution.

Thank you, all the people who work in Ubuntu, LTSP and all connected
projects.