On Nov 12, 2007 9:34 PM, Frank Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have set up a "pure" x86_64 system using Fedora 8 with no i386 libraries at
> all.

You do not need any i386 libs on the server side. But your NFS
exported root is fully i386.

> I have set up LTSP 4.2 on this machine and my terminal boots up to the point
> where it should load gdm and at that point I get the infamous grey screen with
> an X in the middle.

Can you connect a working linux computer on the system; go on a
virtual text console and launch 'X :1 -query a.b.c.d' where a.b.c.d is
the LTSP server IP address.

If it does not work, you have a problem with your server (firewall or
something), but not with LTSP. If it does work, it's an LTSP problem,
your clients are not configured properly.

--
Sébastien Koechlin