Hi Jim,
Any success with the Xorg guys?

"
Am I making any sense here? I'll admit I don't really know much of
anything about how X

works, and as a result I have no real knowledge on how this should be fixed.
All I do
know is this is a huge problem that seems to be rapidly getting worse and is
causing
sever instability in remote X usage such as Linux thin clients or in lower
memory machines.

So consider this a desperate plea for help.

"
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-September/028482.html

I think something like "fair share policy" is the only way how to fix this
problem permanently here otherwise there will be always a chance X will
crash and so your session which is not acceptable for business-critical
applications.
I mean, if they won't accept this feature, Xorg server will never be mature
enough for those types of applications.

I even considered using MacOS based X if it offers any help here and I am sure
lots of other people are
(as well as me) even ready to pay for this feature.

Regards,
Ondrej

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: Whelan House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown,
Dublin 18