Hi,

Tomasz Lewicki wrote:
> So should I authenticate clients by their names, not IP numbers, right? Is it
> only possible way of Squid+SG filtering on LTSP terminals?

I'm not sure if you can identify by username with squidGuard; I imagine
it's possible, but I haven't tried it.  I've been using squid in
combination with identd to identify users by username.

Here are some pertinent lines from my squid.conf:

acl opacs ident chopac1 chopac2 ficopac1 mfopac1 mfopac2 mfopac3 mfopac4
acl opac_urls dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/data/opacs.urls"
http_access allow opacs opac_urls

I work for a public library, and I use it to restrict our OPACs (the
public catalog computers) to our library catalog site.  The file
opacs.urls is just a simple list of urls, one per line.

Which linux distribution are you using on your LTSP server?  If you
happen to be using ubuntu, I've found that ident2 works well with the
modifications listed here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=92300&highlight=ident2

Cheers,
Cindy