Hi,

We are aware of this problem for years now. It does affect Firefox, but
other major applications like OpenOffice.

I did post on Firefox, OpenOffice and LTSP mailing list :

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_thread/thread/eaa9f5f1ea7c3835/707f615365abcd43?lnk=gst#707f615365abcd43
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=17690
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=45117DD3.5060909%40revolutionlinux.com

The problem is not trivial and affects many applications. Someday, we
will have to fix that, otherwise it's a major drawback to the
reliability of thin-client based on X11. Is hard to find which project
is responsible for this situation.

I recall my notes about it :

http://www.mille-xterm.org/en/TerminalMemoryUsage

So, Firefox 3 may fix the problem? I'm open to redo my experiments with
it to see if it does. We should look to OpenOffice also, and probably
other applications as well I'm not aware of yet.

Have a nice day,

Francis Giraldeau

--
Francis Giraldeau, Ing jr.
Analyste Infrastructure

Revolution Linux Inc.
2100 King ouest - bureau 260
Sherbrooke (Québec)
J1J 2E8 CANADA

http://www.revolutionlinux.com

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimees dans ce courriel
sont celles de son auteur et ne representent pas necessairement celles
de Revolution Linux

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux