On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:24:55 -0600, Frank Cox wrote
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:15:43 +0100
> Xavier Brochard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The same problem exist with Kpdf
>
> I was trying out kpdf the other day on my LTSP terminal and it kept locking up
> so tight that I had to reboot my terminal.
>
> It sounds like that must have the problem. Is there any way to put a leash on
> that thing so it won't do that?  kpdf looks pretty cool and I'd kind of like
> be able to use it.

There is an X_RAMPERC hack for both ltsp 4 and 5.  However this will just kill
the
offending app if it exceeds a certain percentage of usage.

You may want to install xrestop and monitor it while opening KPDF to see if
this is the
same problem.  If you see pixmap cache climb drastically before lockup, you can
be sure
this is the culprit.  I don't know for sure, but maybe there are other problems
that
cause KPDF to freeze the client.  We have had pretty good luck here with Evince.

Jim