Hi Joseph,

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Joseph Gregory wrote:

> Without trying to set the Screen Resolution in lts.conf my single test
> client usually boots with too high a resolution. However, even that
> isn't stable.

Hmmm...that's weird.  I wonder if it has anything to do with whether the
monitor is turned on when X starts?

> X_MODE_0 = 1152x864

That syntax is correct, at least for my LTSP 4.2 system.

> X_MODE_0 = 1024x768 75 1024 1048 1192 1296 768 771 777 806 -hsync -vsync

I haven't messed with setting whole mode lines, so I don't know if that's
right.

> X_HORZSYNC          = 1152
> X_VERTREFRESH      = 768

This is most definitely incorrect!  It's probably just being ignored by X
if it's being seen.  Each of those settings should be a range of much
smaller numbers which has nothing to do with a particular video mode but
is a function of the monitor specs that you should be able to find in a
manual for the monitor.  Here is an example of how it looks for a run of
the mill 17" CRT monitor we have:

         X_MODE_0        = 1152x864
         X_HORZSYNC      = 30-70
         X_VERTREFRESH   = 50-160

Note that you need the right four numbers for those last two lines, you
can't just use mine (unless it's the same monitor!).

You should also make sure that your terminal hostnames are being set
properly and that you have a hostname section in our lts.conf file and
that you're applying the right configuration on the right machine, etc.
See the list archives and wiki for more information about that.

Jason