Taking another attempt at ltsp5.
Have it sort of working :)

I loaded the backports of ltsp5 on a  debian etch system.
As I was having a lot of issues with the etch client install  the last
time, this time I installed lenny client.
ltsp-build-client --dist lenny

Was uable to get ldm to install because of a conflict with ltspfsd so I
loaded ldm out of unstable.

Have a lot of questions...

Is ldm required to get  localdev  and sound to work?

I have lots of  terminals and from a security point of view really like
the idea of running via ssh but I'm concerned that  I can handle the
load. When there are ~ 40 users can get 5 minute averages of 100m bits/sec.
Is the  LDM_DIRECTX=True  parameter available in the ldm in debian
ldm_2%3a0.1~bzr20071217-3_i386.deb?
I do not see LDM_DIRECTX in any scripts.

LOCALDEV seems to work.   Under gnome an icon is created on the desktop.
Under kde no dektop icon is created but it mounted under /media/$USER.
Can I get a desktop icon created under kde?

Thanks.

John

--
John McMonagle