--- On Mon, 10/3/08, Peter Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Peter Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP5: local devices
> To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Monday, 10 March, 2008, 5:35 PM
> Hey all,
>
> it's just frustrating to get local devices working on
> ltsp5. I still don't know why there are so many
> problems with the X connection. And unfortunately I am not
> that expert I needed to be in Linux to fix this problem.
> To get the usb device working there should be an entry in
> /var/run/ltspfs_fstab! But there is no such file. Neither
> on the server nor in the client environment. Somewhat
> strange. So of course the mounting-scripts can't use
> those entries. Which script is responsible for creating the
> ltspfs_fstab?
> If I type, I get:
>
> orlow:/home/stein# ltspfsmounter /tmp/ add
> X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or
> server shutdown).
> Error: /tmp/.root-ltspfs/ is not mounted

This is a know bug discussed at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/160420

What worked for me

in /usr/sbin/ltspfsmounter on the server comment out the
line

env['DISPLAY'] = 'localhost:10.0'

Raman.P

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download
Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php