Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:18:14 +0100
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> The client could
>> have knowledge of the server's IP so there should be no necessity for a
>> dhcp-server running. Am I correct in this assumption?
>
> Among other things, the dhcp server is responsible for telling the client
> where
> to obtain the files to boot from (via tftp).

OK, so then LTSP is not for me, I guess ...

Or is it possible to setup a not-so-clean ltsp client, which "knows" of
the ip-address of the server. The pc I have in mind for this has a
hard-disk on board so I could well install a portion of the system on
the client to get around the fact that dhcp on the ltsp-server is not
possible - as there's already another dhcp-server in the network.

br,
stephan