Hello Robert,

Robert Arkiletian skrev:
> But look at hardware technology/affordability today. I am in line for
> funding at the end of this school year. I am most likely going to buy
> a whole lab of Atom based systems much like the one linked above
> (hopefully the next gen). I wish I could install a Fedora or Ubuntu
> DRB distro.

just FWIW, our budget when setting up the first lab: SEK 0:- (yes,
that's zero).

I'm pretty much out of the loop on that lab by now, but I know money
isn't exactly raining into it either (AFAIK the exact same server and
clients running now as four years ago), so keeping at least the option
of thinnest possible clients is imperative for at least that lab, and
probably many, many others.

One of the reasons for choosing LTSP is staying out of the upgrading
spiral as much as possible (how long before those Atoms are considered
obsolete?). Let's keep it that way, please.

BR,
Gudmund