I had worked with LTSP years ago (I think v 3.0) and used a Pentium 75
as a single client.

Two years ago, I returned to using LTSP and set up an Ubuntu 7.10 server
with LTSP 5. Using some older Compaq Deskpro Celeron 466 with 64Mb RAM
as terminals (started with three.) They boot with a commandline appearance,

About six months later, I got the chance to buy some Dell GX50, Pentium
III-800Mhz with 128 Mb RAM. These terminals boot from PXE (just like the
Compaq's did.) These are faster and boot with a graphic boot screen.

Upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 with LTSP5 and many features (of LTSP) work
better than they did with Ubuntu 7.10.

We still have one Compaq terminal, but you can really see the difference
in boot speed and video response times that are slower than the Dell GX-50.

I have been looking to get more of these GX-50's, but they are not to be
found anywhere.

Have searched and searched and I am finding that it appears we will be
spending about $200USD to $300USD for any future (new) terminals we
could buy. Many choices out there, so do not know which I will be
purchasing at this moment. Depends more on budget I will be given when
time comes.

All my reading, I find the same client hardware recommendation of at
least a Pentium III 500Mhz and at least 128Mb of RAM.

As "they say", that's my two cents worth.