GDM LTSP4.2 Autologin‏

                    gabriel lopez ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

        Enviado:
        viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2008 03:59:32 p.m.

        Para:
        LTSP (ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net)

I am in the process of installing LTSP4.2 on Mandriva 2009. There has
been problem because i has not found specific instructions for Mandriva
2009 but Instructions for Mandriva 2006 and 2007 work 95% of the time.
What i have to solve now is autologin on terminals.
I have tried instructions for KDM and GDM and none works.
I has gone back to GDM  and use this instructions:

Create a user ID for each client machine that will autologin. This how-to
assumes the IDs are auto1, auto2, auto3, etc.
Create
the /usr/bin/autologin script. This script figures out which client
it's running on and then passes a correpsonding login ID to GDM for the
autologin. Here's a sample script, which you can modify to suit your
needs:
--------autologin script--------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
 CLIENT=$(echo $DISPLAY || cut -d. -f1)
 case "$CLIENT" in
     "ws001")    disp=auto1;;
     "ws002")    disp=auto2;;
     "ws003")    disp=auto3;;
 esac
 echo $disp
 Be
sure the $disp variable is being set to valid user IDs you created in
the previous step.  Remember to make the autologin script executable
('chmod +x /usr/bin/autologin').
Modify /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add
the following settings under the daemon and security sections. Be sure
to include the pipe character at the end of the TimedLogin line.*
-------------------custom.conf--------------------------------
 daemon

AutomaticLoginEnable=true
 TimedLoginEnable=true
 TimedLogin=/usr/bin/autologin|
 TimedLoginDelay=30

 security

 AllowRemoteAutoLogin=true
Restart
GDM. This will kick all users, including you at the console, off the
system and send them back to the login screen. As such, it's best if
you switch to a command prompt console by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1, and
login in as root, if you aren't already. Then, restart gdm:
  gdm-restart

The problem is that i can see the login screen on the terminal and a message
that say somthiong like
"root
wil login in 30,29,.... seconds" but root never login and th message
start again "root wil login in 30,29,.... seconds" and so on. I DO NOT
WANT TO LOGIN AS ROOT BUT AS A REGULAR USER. auto1 in this case.

What i thing is that something is missing because i do not see how the value
"auto1" stored in $disp on the script, is passed to GDM as the name of the user
i want lo login as.

Any help?