Hi list,

I have a problem with Jauntu Server 64 bit, LTSP chroot i386 environment,

Lts.conf documentation is poor (for the jaunty), all I find on google
and ubuntu forums are older lts.conf options.

I have Igel UD3 thin Clients, and my problem is to get dual head support,

Problem is in two parts,

1: Via driver does not work (using the very slow vesa right now)

2: When client is booted I get the same screen on both, and not an
extended desktop.

The Igel UD3 client comes with its own fixed Linux system, making dual
head supported with one main screen, and the other to the right of the
first one.

I dont want to use their linux, I want PXE boot to the Ubuntu server,

By this I know the hardware is suitable and proven to work,

Problem 1: I was told by IGEL support that I (probably) need to compile
a via driver from source,

This was the instructions:

1. For VIA CX700M/VX700/CN700 chipset
(1) Copy drm-via_UniChrome-2.6.27-85a-44489-src.tar.gz to your working
directory
(2) Extract the package
    # tar -zxf drm-via_UniChrome-2.6.27-85a-44489-src.tar.gz
(3) Enter the directory and build the source
    # cd drm-via_UniChrome-2.6.27-85a-44489-src
    # make
(4) Backup the VIA DRM module
    # cd /lib/modules/'uname -r'/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/via
    # mv via.ko via.ko.bak
(5) Replace VIA DRM module by the new one
    # cp ~/drm-via_UniChrome-2.6.27-85a-44489-src/via.ko
/lib/modules/'uname -r'/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/via/
    # depmod -a
(6) Restart
    # reboot

This does not work since /lib/modules/'uname
-r'/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/via ,this path does not exist in the chroot
enviroment,

Question 1: How do I compile the driver in the chroot enviroment?

Problem 2:

Trying to find lts.conf examples (for jaunty 9.04) regarding xrandr
options seems to be very hard, and I also need to know/understand if the
choice is between creating an xorg.conf or go with xrandr,
in lts.conf.

Here is my current lts.conf:

[DEFAULT]
    XSERVER = vesa
    X_COLOR_DEPTH = "16"
    XRANDR_OUTPUT_0 = VGA
    XRANDR_OUTPUT_1 = TMDS-1
    XRANDR_MODE_0 = 1920x1200
    XRANDR_MODE_1 = 1920x1200 --left-of VGA
    X_VERTREFRESH = "43-61"
    X_HORZSYNC = "28-85"
    SCREEN_02 = shell
    SCREEN_07 = ldm

I have no interest of 3d acceleration, only a fast 2d-driver.

The problem is I get the same screen on both monitors instead of one
virtual screen spanning over two monitors,

The Igel UD3 thin client do support a virtual screen over two monitors
at 1920 * 1200, It has only 1 DVI port and I am using a split cable, VGA
and DVI,

Problem 2, what do I need to add (or remove) in my Lts.conf to get the
virtual desktop to work on two desktops,

Thanks in advance,

Tim