> (2) RHEL 5.3 uses Gnome 2.16, it will automatically detect the two
> floppy mounts, place them on the desktop and in the "Places" menu, but
> USB and CDROM are not picked up. Any idea on how to fix this?
>
> I've seen a patch for ltspfsmounter that will add the icons for USB ad
> CDROM, but it IS working correctly if I connect to an Ubuntu server
> instead of RHEL, and floppies only appears once on the desktop. Any idea
> what it is Gnome 2.16 is missing that the Gnome in Ubuntu 9.04 has such
> that the icons work.

any ideas for this?

USB sticks does get mounted under /media/user/..., but nothing appears
on the desktop or in the Places menu.

Floppies ARE mounted under /media/user/... and DOES appear under Places,
but USB sticks and CDROMs does not.

Has anyone gotten this to work with Gnome 2.16

(I suspect Gnome or Nautilus for this problem)

--

/daleif