Karl,

Did you find a solution to this?  I'm having similar issues with
Etherboot cards on 10.04.  My Etherboot clients won't boot, but the
error is different.  I never see the dots or the "done", but a repeated
error:

error: not a tagged image
Unable to load file.

My boot screen initially says:

Bootrom v. 1.4

Etherboot/32 v.4.5.8

That's older than yours, which might account for the difference in error
messages.

I'd rather not have to use floppy or usb workarounds, but reuse my
existing hardware, as I have a lot of these cards.

Regards,
Cindy

Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director