Le mercredi 5 janvier 2011 03:59:41 bob_C, vous avez écrit :
> My problem is that in a terminal on the ltsp client,  the application is
> not detecting the usb device, even though I have verified that the usb
> devise (rowing machine) is recognized by the ltsp client.

If you run the application in the terminal of the ltsp client, that means that
the application is running _on the server_, not on the client. As it need
direct access to the device, it is not working.
The ltspfs is used to give access to devices connected on the client, but
AFAIK it doesn't preserve all the usb ports informations

You shoud either
- install the application in the chroot and run it from the console (ctrl-alt-
f1)
- install the application as a local app like described in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTSPLocalAppSetup
- install your application on the server, look at the scripts used by ltspfs
to transmit the client usb information to the server and make you own.

hope this help
Xavier
xav...@alternatif.org - 09 54 06 16 26