On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM, John Hupp <l...@prpcompany.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/2013 5:53 PM, John Hupp wrote:
> > I finished a new installation of LTSP-PNP on Lubuntu 13.10, but I find
> > that clients won't boot.
> >
> > After the Plymouth splash screen, a text screen reads:
> >
> > Error: socket failed: connection refused.
> > Exiting.

Forgive me for not combing through all of the machine output, but at a
glance your symptoms look like something I have encountered where the nbd
server does not start automatically on the server. The quick fix was to
start the service, and then I don't recall if it started automatically
after a reboot or if I had to turn that on in a config file somewhere. Try
'netstat -lt' to see what ports you're listening on.

db