Hi list

We are still having some serious stability issues with our new LTSP5 setup.

Our old 4.2 setup was solid as a rock, hardly never had an issue with it.
Terminals ran 24/7

This new NBD based setup has been really bad for us. The few power users still
left (aka users using a terminal all day) is experiencing crashes 2 or 3 times
a day. Mostly SQUASHFS errors (if we get any errors) or it just freezes.

I'm not sure if it is some kind of timeout somewhere or because the distance
between the terminals and the bootserver is fairly large (several kilometers).

I would like to try to use NFS instead, just to see if it would make the
terminals more stable. But how do we reconfigure the terminals to use NFS
instead?

Are there any guides for this?

Sysinfo:

Bootserver: Ubuntu 12.04
Terminal base system: Ubuntu 12.04
App servers: Ubuntu 14.04

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@imf / More information:
http://au.dk/en/daleif@imf