----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
Lähettäjä: "Valtteri Suojanen" <vsuoja...@gmail.com>
Lähetetty: ‎20.‎8.‎2015 11:53
Vastaanottaja: "ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net"
<ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Aihe: interesting new features and use cases

Hi

I have expirienced LTSP for over two years and think project lives well.

I collected a list of the currently missing features I'm interested and
features that might interest also others

xfreerdp and Network Level Authentication

Many Windows terminal client server implementations use and require NLA. That
could possibly force us specifying username and password in lts.conf and/or
cause several other problems connection to the session. I think it's important
to be able to contact any RDP session.

How important this is for you others ?

e.x.
http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/32655054/

http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/29006343/

I have used as a workaround this:

SCREEN_07 = "xterm -geometry 120x24+100+100 +sb -title 'RDPClient' -e /bin/bash
-c 'xfreerdp --from-stdin -f --plugin rdpsnd --plugin rdpdr --data
disk:Drives:/media/root -- arnold'"

I noticed here also in combatibility another issue. FreeRDP wiki says: With
freerdp version 1.0.2 the parameter "disk" is going to be replaced by "drive"
for compatibility reasons to MS RDP
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/Plugins

However the parameter "disk", it isn't replaced with "drive" in Ubuntu 14.04
freerdp version 1.0.2

USB flash drive unmount error in thin clients
http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/33504079/

I give +1 for this:

"There should be a way to deny user's access to the server's
mounts... "Encrypted root filesystem
http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/32089107/

vagrantc comment was very interesting

Boot with HTTP instead of TFTP

http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/32484013/

This works but needs extra configuration and maintenance in LTSP
server/cluster. Clients will need to use local boot media or hacking iPXE in
clients network interface.

Long term discussion about thin vs. fat client

The network connection issues break thin client session so that the user loose
the session un-friendly way. We all now that single network connection breaks
can't be avoided but there should be some way to recover the desktop session
(always). Most NX clients survive connection breaks well. Is LTSP project
currently looking NX clients ?

http://sourceforge.net/p/ltsp/mailman/message/29749512/

Thanks
Valtteri Suojanen