Hi Dirk,

You'll probably get a tonne of responses to this. :)

root@server: /usr/sbin/chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ /bin/bash

What that does: chroot with /opt/ltsp/i386/ as / and run /bin/bash as the
shell. 'exit' or Ctrl-d to exit the chroot.

You should also have a program called ltsp-chroot on your server you should use
that instead:

If you used the default settings when setting up the client image then you can
just call:

root@server: /usr/sbin/ltsp-chroot

man ltsp-chroot for the settings or edit /etc/ltsp/ltsp-chroot.conf to set them
as you want.

If you're serving images via nbd you'll have to rebuild the image after you've
edited the chroot.
root@server: /usr/sbin/ltsp-update-image

DO NOT DO this if you're serving the image via NFS.

Cheers,
lance

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 04:59:57PM +0200, Dirk Hennrichs wrote:
> hallo, i'm new to ltsp. finally i set up ltsp5 server. thin client can log
> in to the ltsp server but there is no sound. pulseaudio -vvv debug shows me
> in the clients environment that there is a wrong entry in /etc/pulseaudio/
> default.pa. i need to comment out a line in that file. but how can i change
> this in the clients compressed image?? i read something about chroot can do
> that but i dont understand that. i use kiwi 5.0.5 on suse 13.1. bootimage
> is served per aoe to the clients. can somebody tell me how i can change
> default.pa file of pulseaudio in clients compressed image so that i can
> enable sound to them? thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english!!!

Lance Levsen,
Catprint Computing
Tel:  (306) 493-2278
Cell: (306) 230-8783