From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of Roman Turovsky
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:30 AM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Portqble recorders

For a few days I've been a proud owner of a Tascam stereo mic for iPhone.
To be tested in the next few!
RT

On 6/16/2012 11:22 AM, theoj89...@aol.com wrote:
> I use a Tascam DR-08 and am very happy with it. The little microphones
built in give pretty decent sound reproduction, but I have tried several
higher quality plug in mics with better results, (Or, if there is a sound
man at a concert, I have had him plug the unit directly into the soundboard
through the headphone output using a 1/4 to 1/8 inch stereo converter). I
have a friend with a Sony who loves it as well. As with digital encoding,
the process of encoding a signal is the same, regardless of what unit. WHat
matter most is the fidelity of the microphone, and so the smaller units
(like the Tascam) do best with a higher quality mic.