Caroline --

> Are there not additional possibilities?
> 21, 31, 32, 41, 42, 43.

In a sense yes.  But I was not counting that way.

I'm like "Who cares if you have a dog and a cat or a cat and a dog.
There's no difference.".

You're like "Use the turn signal, then turn the steering wheel.  Order
matters.".

In math, you are 4!, and I am 4!/2!.   4! is read "four factorial".

I got the exercise from Scott Tennant's book "Pumping Nylon".  Lutenists
interested
in that book might note that there is a tab version.  I accidentally got the
regular
version and had to learn how to read guitar music while adapting to the
different
tuning  :(.   I can recommend the book if you're interesting in LH exercises.

-- H