> On Oct 10, 2016, at 8:33 AM, Diego Cantalupi <tio...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The main problem to me, is that the concerto is played in C, and not. in D.
> It's easier on a G archlute, but sounds to me very strange for the violins.

Luca plays an archlute/liuto attiorbato in A.  I believe Giardino Armonico
plays at A 415.  I’m guessing the pitch is lowered on the Youtube video we’re
talking about.  This is commonly done to avoid detection by copyright bots.

Here’s a recording of Giardino and Luca doing the same concerto, sounding in D
at A 415:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0kJwhbZcAM

Of course, it’s possible that the sound is adjusted up on this one.